Thursday, August 18, 2005

Indonesian National Anthem

The national anthem of Indonesia, called Indonesia Raya, was created by Wage Rudolf Supratman. It was composed in 1928, and was first performed at the 2nd All Indonesian Youth Congress which was held on October 28th, 1928 in Jakarta.

IN INDONESIAN
Indonesia tanah airku
Tanah tumpah darahku
Disanalah aku berdiri
Jadi pandu ibuku
Indonesia kebangsaanku
Bangsa dan tanah airku
Marilah kita berseru
Indonesia bersatu
Hiduplah tanahku
Hiduplah negeriku
Bangsaku, rakyatku semuanya
Bangunlah jiwanya
Bangunlah badannya
Untuk Indonesia Raya

Indonesia Raya,
merdeka, merdeka
Tanahku, negeriku yang kucinta
Indonesia Raya,
merdeka, merdeka
Hiduplah Indonesia Raya


IN ENGLISH
Indonesia, my native land
My place of birth
Where I stand guard
Over my motherland

Indonesia, my nationality
My people and my country
Let us all cry
For united Indonesia

Long live my land
Long live my country
My nation and all my people

Arouse their spirit
Arouse their bodies
For Great Indonesia

Great Indonesia
Free and independent
The land, the country I love

Great Indonesia
Free and independent
Long live Indonesia

No comments: