Thursday, May 11, 2006

Martabak Manis Recipe

Ingredients
Crepe
250 gram all purpose flour
1 tsp. instant yeast
150 gram granulated sugar
375 cc warm coconut milk
2 eggs
1/4 tsp. baking soda

Filling
Grated fried nuts
Sesame seeds
Granulated Sugar
Chocolate Sprinkler
Grated Cheddar Cheese
Condensed Milk

Instructions
* Pour in the yeast into the warm coconut milk, stir until well mixed and foamed up, set aside.
* Mix flour and sugar, then pour in the eggs in the middle of the batter. Keep stirring the mixture until all ingredients are well dissolved. Then put in the baking soda and stir the mixture again until well mixed. Set it aside in a room temperature for approximately 15-20 minutes.
* Heat up the non-stick pan that has been smeared with butter/margarine. Pour the mixture in and let it cook until the surface dried up and the outer layer become crispy brown.
* Remove the thick crepe and put on a cutting board.
* Pour granulated sugar on the crepes as well as the condensed milk. Up to your liking, you can pour grated cheese, grated fried nuts, chocolate sprinkler or sesame seeds on the crepe. You can also combine the filling.
* Fold the crepe in to two then cut the crepe into 10-12 pieces.

Taken from Melrose Flowers

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Thank You so much for posting the ingredients for Martabac Manis. Ever since I came back to Indonesia, I never of thought I could find a Martabac restaurant, but I did, now that I know what the ingredients are I will go & try the recipe that you have given. I will keep you posted.
I love my Martabac, its my favourite sweet desset.I can just smell it now....mmmmmm.
Thank you from: WFR
Sydney Australia

sandy said...

martabak is my favorite food,, martabak delicious,,, I really like martabak

obat keputihan herbal said...

muantaap.